Conditions of participation and data protection
for the raffle of the RECARO Gaming GmbH & Co. KG in the context of the Onassis World Exhibition in Krefeld on 04.09.21
A. Conditions of participation
By entering the competition you agree to the following terms and conditions:
(1) Scope of application
These conditions of participation for competitions of RECARO Gaming GmbH & Co. KG (hereinafter: RECARO Gaming) apply to the prize draw organised by RECARO Gaming as part of the Onassis World Exhibition in Krefeld on 04.09.21 (hereinafter referred to as the "Exhibition"), which is open to all visitors to the stand of RECARO Gaming stand at this exhibition (hereinafter referred to as "Conditions of Participation").
(2) Organiser of the competition
The organiser of the competition is RECARO Gaming GmbH & Co. KG, Schlossstr. 70, 70176 Stuttgart, which organises competitions from time to time.
(3) Prerequisite and eligibility for participation
(a) Participants must have an email account. The competition will take place on 04.09.2021.
(b) All natural persons who have a valid ticket to attend the fair are entitled to participate. Participants under 18 years of age require the consent of their legal guardian to participate.
(c) Only one entry per person is permitted. Participation and the chances of winning are in no way dependent on the purchase of a RECARO Gamingproduct.
(d) legal representatives and employees of RECARO Gaming as well as associated contractors and employees of companies commissioned by RECARO Gaming in connection with the conduct of the Prize Draw, as well as the respective relatives of all such employees, are excluded from participation.
(4) How can you participate?
(a) Visit our stand and register for the competition with one of the RECARO staff. They will give you an entry card, which you must fill in correctly and completely.
(b) Hand over the entry card to the person responsible for the competition at RECARO and wait for further instructions.
(c) The operation of the Prize Draw is described in more detail in clause 7 below.
(5) Are there any costs?
In principle, there are no costs for participating in the competition. If entry tickets to events or tournaments or vouchers for e-sports training courses or similar are provided as prizes in the competition, the costs for travel, journey or overnight stay at the location of the event, tournament or training course are not included in the prize.
The prizes will be named via the competition posters displayed at the fair. The prizes are non-transferable. Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash or for any other prize. RECARO Gaming reserves the right to give you an alternative prize of equal or greater value should an advertised prize become unavailable for any reason.
(7) Selection and notification of winners
(a) Participants in the competition will race in a video game designated by RECARO Gaming a specific video game. The fastest lap times win. Prizes are awarded to the first, second and third winners.
(b) The video game and the Racing SIM kit are provided by RECARO Gaming for the purpose of the Competition. All participants will drive the same track in the same game as part of the competition.
(c) The first, second and third winner(s) will be determined no later than on 10.09.2021 at the latest on the basis of the complete and duly completed lap times as described above.
(d) RECARO Gaming will notify the winners via the e-mail addresses they have provided. Each entrant is responsible for ensuring that their email address is correct and legible on their entry card. Should the notification email be undeliverable for whatever reason, the winner concerned will lose all rights to their prize. In this case, the next-placed winner will take his place as a substitute winner. If fewer than three emails can actually be delivered, the prize in question will be deemed lost and will remain the property of RECARO Gaming.
(8) Exclusion from the competition
Participants who manipulate the competition in any way whatsoever will be RECARO Gaming be excluded from the competition.
(9) Reservation of termination
RECARO Gaming reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, defer or modify the competition, in whole or in part, without prior notice and in a manner reasonably acceptable to participants, in the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of RECARO Gaming circumstances arise which prevent the competition from being carried out as planned. Liability for this is excluded vis-à-vis participants, winners or third parties.
(10) Inappropriate comments and exemption
(a) RECARO Gaming reserves the right to exclude any entrant who, in the opinion of RECARO Gaming inappropriate comments posted on social media in connection with RECARO and/or the Competition. In particular, the following comments are considered inappropriate:
- Illegal comments,
- which violate, for example, copyrights, industrial property rights (such as trademark rights, registered designs or other industrial property rights of third parties), trade secrets, the right to one's own image or data protection rights of third parties, or
- contain false statements of fact or abusive criticism, e.g. defamatory, indecent, insulting, sexist, obscene, abusive comments as well as hate comments or
- inappropriate comments that appear unacceptable for any other reason.
(b) The participant is solely liable for his or her comments and indemnifies RECARO Gaming from any liability towards third parties.
(11) Announcement of the winners
An announcement of the winners on the social media channels and the website of RECARO Gaming will not be made.
RECARO Gaming is only responsible for intent and gross negligence.
(13) Legal recourse
Legal recourse is excluded with regard to the drawing of the winners and any judging of the competition entries submitted.
(14) Choice of law / place of jurisdiction
The conditions of participation are subject to German law. Any disputes arising from this competition shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the place where the participant is domiciled.
B. Information on data processing in the competition
in the context of the Onassis World Exhibition in Krefeld on 04.09.21
In the following, you will find the legally required information on the processing of your personal data and the rights to which you are entitled in accordance with the German Data Protection Regulation (DS-GVO) and the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG). This data protection information applies to data processing for the competition as part of the Onassis World Exhibition in Krefeld on 04.09.21:
(1) Name and contact details of the controller
RECARO Gaming GmbH & Co. KG
Phone: +49 (0)711 504 376 44
(hereinafter: "RECARO Gaming" or "we" or "us").
If you have any data protection questions, you can contact our data protection team:
RECARO Gaming GmbH & Co. KG
Phone: +49 711 504 376 44
(2) Personal data processed
When you enter our competition, we process the following information:
- your first name and surname
- Your email address
- Your fastest complete and correct lap time
Should you have won, we will process:
- your postal address (so that we can send you your prize)
- your telephone number (so that we can contact you quickly and easily if we have any questions)
- your clothing size (so that we can send you the prize in your size in case you win a garment)
If you contact us, we may also process further data about you:
- First name, surname, e-mail address, if applicable further voluntary details if you send us a message
- your email provider, your IP address and the time if this message is an email
(3) Purposes of the data processing
The collection of this data takes place
- to be able to identify the winners
- in order to be able to notify the winners and send them the prize (e.g. sending the prizes by post or forwarding agent).
- to contact the participants in the context of the administration of the competition or to reply to messages
(4) Legal basis
The data processing is carried out on the basis of your participation in the competition and is necessary for the appropriate organisation and implementation of the competition as well as the dispatch of the prizes in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b) DS-GVO for the purposes stated.
When you RECARO Gaming send an e-mail or other communication, the legal basis for this, if and insofar as you have given your consent, is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) DS-GVO.
The legal basis for the processing of data transmitted in the course of sending an e-mail or other message is also Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) DS-GVO. If the message is aimed at the conclusion of a contract, the additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) DS-GVO.
The processing of personal data from an e-mail sent to us serves solely to process the contact. This also constitutes the necessary legitimate interest in processing the data if it is processed on the basis of Art. 6 (1) f) DS-GVO.
(5) Duration of the storage of personal data
The personal data processed for the organisation and implementation of the competition and the dispatch of the prizes by RECARO Gaming will be stored for a maximum of one month after the competition and deleted thereafter, unless you have consented to further storage in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a) DS-GVO or there is another basis for storage in accordance with the DS-GVO.
The data from a message that you have sent us will be deleted as soon as it is no longer required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. This is the case when the respective conversation with you has ended. The conversation is ended when the circumstances indicate that the matter in question has been conclusively clarified.
After a revocation or objection (cf. section (8) Data subject rights and section (9) Information on your right to object pursuant to Art. 21 DS-GVO), your personal data will be deleted within 7 days. RECARO Gaming will then no longer send you any further information, regardless of whether you contact us in the context of other competitions or in response to further enquiries.
(6) Disclosure of data to third parties; processors
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties for purposes other than those mentioned below:
Insofar as this is necessary for the organisation and processing of the competition in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b) DS-GVO, your personal data will be passed on to third parties. This includes, in particular, the forwarding of the address and name to shipping service providers for the transmission of the prize won. This data may only be used by the third party in question to carry out the competition. If we use a processor, we will ensure that the processor is contractually bound to protect your personal data in the same way as we are.
Generally, no data is transferred to recipients in countries outside of the European Union.
(7) No automated decision making and no profiling
Exclusively automated decision-making - including profiling - pursuant to Art. 22 GDPR means that machine-processed data directly lead to a computer-assisted decision, i.e. a decision made by data processing equipment, which is not subject to even partial evaluation by a natural person. According to Art. 4 No. 4 GDPR, profiling is any type of automated processing of personal data which serves to evaluate personal aspects of a natural person.
RECARO Gaming neither uses automated decision-making in this sense nor carries out profiling. RECARO Gaming profiling.
(8) Data subject rights
You have that right:
- In accordance with Art. 7 (3) DS-GVO, you have the right to revoke your consent at any time. This can be done formally and without notice. It is sufficient, for example, to send an e-mail to: email@example.com
The revocation of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your data carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation. The revocation merely has the consequence that the data processing, which was based exclusively on this consent, may no longer be continued in the future;
- You have the right to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 DS-GVO. In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data if it has not been collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details;
- to immediately request the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 16 DS-GVO;
- to request the deletion of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 17 DS-GVO, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 DS-GVO, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you or the processing is unlawful, but you object to its deletion and instead request the restriction of the use of the personal data or the data is no longer required, but you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 DS-GVO;
- in accordance with Art. 20 DS-GVO, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another controller; and
- complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 DS-GVO. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence. The supervisory RECARO Gaming competent supervisory authority is:
The State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information of Baden-Württemberg
In the event of a complaint, you are welcome to first contact the responsible person named in point (1) above by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org who will process your complaint quickly.
(9) Information about your right to object according to Art. 21 DS-GVO
Right of objection
(a) You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on the basis of Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f) DS-GVO for direct marketing purposes at any time without giving reasons. We will then no longer process your personal data for these purposes.
(b) You may also object to other processing derived from a legitimate interest within the meaning of Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f) DS-GVO for reasons arising from your particular situation, stating these reasons. Your personal data will then no longer be processed unless compelling reasons for the processing can be demonstrated which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims.
(c) Any objection can be made without formalities. For example, an e-mail to: email@example.com sufficient for this purpose.