Terms of participation Assassin's Creed Valhalla Special
Special offer: €200 discount (Exo Platinum Sky) & Assassin's Creed Valhalla Gold Edition
Details of the promotion can be found here: Assassin's Creed Valhalla Special
I. Promotion details
- Customers who purchase a RECARO Exo Platinum Sky gaming seat in the period from 10/28/2020 through 11/11/2020 ("Promotional Period") in the RECARO online store at: https://www.recaro-gaming.com/shop/ and enter the promotional code "ACV200" in the cart will receive a €200 discount on the purchase price of the RECARO Exo Platinum Sky Gaming Seat and the Ubisoft computer game "Assassin's Creed Valhalla GOLD EDITION" (PC Digital) as a free download. The game can be played from its release on November 10, 2020. The key for the digital game will be sent via email a few days after the seat is ordered.
- The organizer of the promotion is RECARO Gaming GmbH, Schlossstr. 70, 70176 Stuttgart, Germany (hereinafter referred to as "RECARO" or "we").
- Only private end customers aged 18 and over who do not make use of their 14-day right of withdrawal with regard to the purchase of the RECARO Exo gaming seat (see: https://www.recaro-gaming.com/widerrufsbelehrung/) will receive the free gift. The code to download the game "Assassin's Creed Valhalla GOLD EDITION" (PC Digital) will be sent a few days after the purchase of the seat.
- Please note the following when redeeming the code to download the game "Assassin's Creed Valhalla GOLD EDITION" (PC Digital):
- The game has a USK age rating of 18 years. This means that players who have not reached the minimum age (18 years) may be excluded from downloading due to corresponding youth protection measures.
- The code to download the game can only be used once. The code is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The code to download the game is expected to be sent by email within 2–6 days after the purchase of the seat, unless the private end customer has made use of his right of withdrawal according to subsection I.3. It will include step-by-step instructions on how to redeem it. The code to download the game must be redeemed by 11:59 p.m. on January 15, 2021, at the latest.
- A Ubisoft account is required to redeem the code to download the game. Existing accounts or newly registered ones work equally well.
- Customers who do not redeem the special promotion code "ACV200" in the cart or who purchase a seat outside the promotion period are excluded from the discount promotion and the free gift (code to download the game "Assassin's Creed Valhalla GOLD EDITION" (PC Digital)).
- RECARO is only responsible for intent and gross negligence with regard to the granting of the free gift.
- The laws of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply.
In the following, you will find the legally required information on the processing of your personal data and the rights to which you are entitled in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG). This data protection information applies to data processing in the case of the granting of free gifts:
- Name and contact details of the data controller and the company data protection officers
The data controller is RECARO Gaming GmbH, Schlossstr. 70, 70176 Stuttgart (hereinafter: "RECARO" or "we"). You can reach our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Personal data processed, purpose of data processing, and legal basis
RECARO processes the personal data of the customer participating in this promotion to the same extent on the basis of Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR—conclusion and fulfillment of a contract—as for the purchase of the RECARO Exo gaming seat in order to be able to fulfill the contract with the customer, i.e. to be able to grant him/her the promised free gift, for example. We process:
- Salutation, first name, last name, delivery address, billing address (if different)
- Your email address
- Date of birth
- Duration of the storage of personal data
The data will be stored until the expiry of the statutory retention period (6 years pursuant to Section 257 of the German Commercial Code (HGB)) and then deleted, unless we are obliged to store the data for a longer period in accordance with Article 6 (1) Sent. 1 (c) GDPR due to tax and commercial law retention and documentation obligations (e.g. Commercial Code (HGB), Penal Code (StGB) or Fiscal Code (AO)) or you have consented to storage beyond this in accordance with Article 6 (1) Sent. 1 (a) GDPR. In addition, a longer storage period may be necessary in individual cases, e.g. for evidence purposes.
- Disclosure of data to third parties; processors
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties for purposes other than those listed below:
Insofar as this is necessary in accordance with Art. 6 (1) Sent. 1 (b) GDPR for the processing of contractual relationships with you, your personal data will be disclosed to third parties (e.g. transport service providers). The data disclosed may only be used by the third party for the fulfillment of the contract.
If we use processors, we shall ensure that they are contractually bound to protect your personal data in the same manner.
Generally, no data is transferred to recipients in countries outside of the European Union.
- No automated decision-making and no profiling
Exclusively automated decision-making—including profiling—pursuant to Art. 22 GDPR means that machine-processed data leads directly to a computer-assisted decision, i.e. made by data processing equipment, which is not subject to even partial evaluation by a natural person. Pursuant to Art. 4 No. 4 GDPR, profiling is any type of automated processing of personal data which serves to evaluate personal aspects of a natural person.
RECARO does not use automated decision-making in this sense, nor does RECARO carry out profiling.
- Data subjects' rights
You have that right:
- To withdraw consent you have previously granted us at any time in accordance with Art. 7 (3) GDPR. This can be done informally and without notice. It is sufficient, for example, to send an email to: email@example.com. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your data carried out on the basis of the consent until the withdrawal. The withdrawal merely has the consequence that the data processing, which was based exclusively on this consent, may no longer be continued in the future;
- To request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right to lodge a complaint, the origin of your data if it has not been collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details;
- In accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, you may request the immediate correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us;
- To request the deletion of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or for the assertion, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
- To request the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you or the processing is unlawful, but you refuse its deletion and instead request the restriction of the use of the personal data or the data is no longer required, but you need it to assert, exercise, or defend legal claims, or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- In accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format or to request its transfer to another controller; and
- To lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you may contact the supervisory authority of your habitual place of residence.
In the event of a complaint, you are welcome to first contact the controller specified in (1) above by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, who will process your complaint without delay.
- Information about your right to object pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR
Right of objection
(a) You have the right at any time to object to the processing of your personal data on the basis of Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f) DSGVO for the purposes of direct advertising without giving reasons. We will then no longer process your personal data for these purposes.
(b) You may also object to other processing derived from a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f) DSGVO for reasons arising from your particular situation, stating these reasons. Your personal data will then no longer be processed unless compelling reasons for the processing can be demonstrated which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims.
(c) Any objection can be made without formalities. For example, an e-mail to: email@example.com is sufficient for this purpose.
- SSL encryption
This site uses SSL encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content that you send to us. You can recognize an encrypted connection by the fact that the URL bar of the browser changes from "http://" to "https://" and by the lock symbol in your URL bar. The activation of SSL encryption serves as protection against third parties reading the data you transmit to us.
- Reservation of the right to amend